United Surgeons for Children (USFC) is part of the international NGO La Chaîne de L’Espoir, a leading global health organization established in 1994 by founding members of Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World. USFC is dedicated to expanding access to surgery in developing countries – creating a world in which all children, regardless of wealth or nationality, can have the opportunity to thrive in health. In preparation for a US launch, they determined a need for an English name and an updated brand identity for the American market.
We partnered with USFC to support this exciting new initiative, considering how to renew their written and visual communications. To do so, we:
- Executed a market and organization audit to identify their niche and American audience appeal, as well as identify areas of strength to capitalize on.
- Developed a new, unique positioning message and case for support targeting American donors.
- Articulated core themes and values for future communications.
- Created distinct name and brand/visual identity including a logo and brand style guide.
- Updated print and digital communications collateral to reflect the new identity, including a website, which can be seen here, and a brochure with program inserts as an effective tool to convey history and objectives.