TechnoServe provides business solutions to poverty in developing countries by teaching skills to beneficiaries such as business, farming, and economic empowerment.
In 2018, TechnoServe celebrated half a century of global aid and wanted to organize a special gala to mark this milestone. Our team worked on all aspects of event conception and production. The 50th Anniversary Gala took place on October 10, 2018 at the Pierre Hotel in New York City. Highlights included:
- More than $1 million raised from 400+ attendees.
- Unique gala theme leveraging corporate responsibility and a push for social good, built out through branding, content creation and communications collateral.
- Innovative, out of the box ideas to create an immersive experience, bringing TechnoServe’s work to life:
- Custom menu inspired by TechnoServe program countries, with coffee donated by TechnoServe partner Nespresso.
- Floral arrangements and accent vegetation throughout the space from native African plants.
- Artistic portraits of program participants in the reception area.
- Featured performance and processional line from Wula Drum, a community of West African-inspired dancers and musicians.
- Inspiring speaker lineup, including Muhtar Kent, Chairman of the Coca-Cola Foundation, Mark Kutifani of Anglo-American and Suzanne Nora Johnson of the Goldman Sachs Group.